So I started this blog to tell my tale and share my thoughts as I went through the recovery process. I never really started doing what I planned on doing with it. So I wanted to try to start that with this post.
I am an addict. To what you may ask? To work. You know people like me in almost any job. I'm the one that will work as much overtime as they can. There is a down fall that seems to occur after a time to us workaholics, and I am trying to work my way to recovery.
There was a time when I loved my job and all I wanted to do was help people.I wanted to help so much that I worked sometimes 20 hours on top of my normal shift weekly enjoying the money that I made, but then things changed.
I don't know when I first started downhill and began to dread my day and not want to come to work. I began to dispise those I once wanted to help. Thats where I am currently trying to get out of this funk and get back into the game of loving what I do but not do it to the extream but to be able to enjoy my time at work.
Now come the issue or setback you might say, my roof has begun to leak. At first it was just a little bit and we were able to patch the issue to provide me the time to save up the $2500 needed to replace the roof. We are on patch number 4 in the same spot but now we have a new issue. A recent storm has torn off some shingles and we have got to replace the roof asap or my roof is going to possibly cave in.
I now have no choice but to work as much overtime as possible. I am changing to 10 hour days so I will have 3 days off. I am going to try to do at least 10 hours of overtime a week but really To make this money quickly I may have to do a total of 20 hours a week im not really sure at this point if I will be able to make it through this without hating my job even more or opening my mouth and costing me my job due to the stress. I am hoping that I can make some money on the side to try to alieve me from having to be here so much. I was able to come up with 1100 in 3 months last year with very little overtime but I need to get this roof before the end of the summer. So in truth I may end up working a Month straight with no time off. The only other choice would be to try to work 2 hours on top of my shift every day at the end of the day or I could see if there needing people to come in early and come in at 4am instead of 9am and work that and my normal shift. Making a 5 hour a day overtime but with work policy I would probably be forced to take an extra lunch making it only 4 hours and 15 mins but that right there is 13 extra hours a week and then I could come in for 13 hours a day on my days off that would make 52 hours of overtime a week which is a huge number to me and ive never done it before but i would be making around 21.45 an hour for each hour of overtime and that alone would be 1115.40 extra before taxes. If the overtime is avalible to be worked like this I would have the money In half a month, a month tops. Then I can Start the road back to recovery and hope this doesnt put me on the road for no return.
Wow. That sounds like a lot of work. You gonna burn yourself out going like that. I know you need the roof, but be careful. Take care of you!! first and the rest will take care of itself.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading I am very sorry I didn't reply until now. Apparently blogger decided to not email me that I had new comments so with the new layout I'm discovering all the comments I missed in the past. I did get that roof without having to kill myself with work. I talked to my old man and we called the insurance company and they covered the cost of the new roof!
ReplyDelete